Ultrasonic Hatch leak Inspection
Ultrasonic Hatch Leak Inspection is a Non-Destructive Testing (N.D.T.) whereby, with the use of the appropriate equipment, tightness of Hatch Covers can be tested against leakages which can cause charterers claims and affect seaworthiness of vessels.
The main advantage is the accuracy of the test. Not only major leakages are detected but any lack of compression can be indicated, pointing to a possible leakage. Through the inspection, repairs can be specified with certainty, so as to ensure cargo safety.
How is Ultrasonic Hatch Leak Inspection conducted?
For the ultrasonic hatch leak inspection, the following procedure is conducted: An ultrasonic transmitter is placed in the Cargo Hold. Then the Hatch Covers are secured. The operator starts the test holding the receiver which will reflect sound and digitally indicates any suspect area. Direct marking and sketches assist in any repair that might be decided.
Why choose Ultrasonic Hatch Leak Inspection?
Ultrasonic hatch leak inspection has become the most preferred method amongst involved parties (Shipowners, Charterers) as it is considered to give more sound and specific results compared with traditional methods such as hose test and chalk test. It can also be conducted in addition to the above mentioned tests. There is no limitation regarding weather or cargo operation as the test can be conducted in below zero temperatures and with the Cargo Holds loaded.
Navaltech’s team members have all the necessary experience, knowledge and qualifications (i.e. degrees, diplomas, and certificates) in order to carry out ultrasonic hatch leak inspections. All our service engineers have more numerous years of experience in the field and they are continually trained.
Our team of highly trained and experienced service engineers is available 24/7 worldwide and can efficiently deliver the required services and ensure full satisfaction of our Clients and Classification Societies. Reliability is a key goal and value for our company, thus, we always make sure that there is constant availability of service engineers so as to undertake urgent requests at any time.
View our Certifications
- Lloyd’s Register (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- DNV (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- NKK (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- ABS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- BV (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- RINA (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- CCS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- RMRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- INSB (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- KRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM)
- IRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM)
MAKER APPROVED FOR LIFEBOATS , LAUNCHING APPLIANCES AND RELEASE GEARS
- Fassmer - Marland Ltd. / Hai Hong Boat Making Co Ltd.
- Qingdao Beihai HeavyShipbuilding Industry Co Ltd.
- Jiangsu Jiaoyan Marine Equipment Co. Ltd / Jiangyin Xinjiang F.R.P.Co.,Ltd.
- Jiangyinshi Beihai LSA Co.,Ltd.
- Sangsangin Industry Co. Ltd./ ex-Dongnam Marine Crane Co. Ltd.
- Oriental Precision & Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Hai Hong Boat Making Co. Ltd.
- HXN (ZhejiangHengxin Ship Equipment Co., Ltd).
- DSB Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Huahai Marine Equipment Factory.
- Wuxi Wenjiao G.F.R.P. Factory.
- Wuxi Dongwu.
- Wuxi Mingzi Machinery Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (Release gears –Hooks).
- Zhenjiang Marine Auxiliary,
- GEPA-Fiberglass Industry & Trade Co.Inc.
- Stoczna USTKA - Lifeboats & Launching Appliances,
- NOR-MAR FAR EAST Services,
- Jiangyin Neptune MarineAppliances Co. Ltd.
- Jiangyin Wolong FRP Boat Co. Ltd.
- Gurdesan Lifesaving systems.
- Jiangsu Huaiyin Marine Machinery (Lifeboats, Release Gear & Launching Appliances)
- Wuxi XingSheng (Release Mechanisms)
- Shin Myung Tech
- Lalizas (Release Mechanisms)
- Narwhal (Rescue Boats)
FLAG APPROVED FOR LIFEBOATS , LAUNCHING APPLIANCES AND RELEASE GEARS