Steel Weight Estimation
Vessels and ships are exposed to harsh marine environments and over time are affected by the corrosion on their hull structure. This corrosion, if extensive, can cause serious damages to the endurance of the hull structure. The areas affected by corrosion or of other causes of damage (i.e. groundings) must be repaired by replacing the damaged area so as to retain the total endurance of the hull structure. The cost of these kind of hull repairs are calculated in kilos, therefore, prior to hull repairs, weight estimation is necessary. In addition, during hull repairs, experienced personnel is required to follow up the replacement of the damaged areas from the start and until the completion of hull repairs.
Navaltech’s standard procedure for Hull Repairs are:
- Visit of the subject vessel and inspection of all areas. Water Ballast Tanks, Cargo Tanks/Holds.
- Marking on construction drawings the corroded and suspect areas.
- Preparation of the booklet of steel weight estimation together with indicative photos of hull repairs.
- Clearly marking of the areas to be repaired.
- Follow up of the repair during the repair process (steel cutting, fitting, welding)
- NDT (NDT – UT, MT, PT) on welding seams of steel repairs.
- Final inspection of steel repairs.
Steel Hull Repairs require a high-level experience in the specific field. Our team consists of highly trained service engineers (Naval Architects, Marine Engineers), with long-term experience in the field of Steel Hull Repairs. Navaltech further advances the skills of service engineers with seminars, theoretical training courses and on-board practical training.
Our team of experienced service engineers is available 24/7 worldwide and can efficiently deliver the required services and ensure the full satisfaction of our Clients and Classification Societies. Reliability is a key goal and value for our company, thus, we always make sure that there is constant availability of service engineers so as to undertake urgent requests at any time.
View our Certifications
- Lloyd’s Register (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- DNV (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- NKK (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- ABS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- BV (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- RINA (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- CCS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- RMRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- INSB (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- KRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM)
- IRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM)
MAKER APPROVED FOR LIFEBOATS , LAUNCHING APPLIANCES AND RELEASE GEARS
- Fassmer - Marland Ltd. / Hai Hong Boat Making Co Ltd.
- Qingdao Beihai HeavyShipbuilding Industry Co Ltd.
- Jiangsu Jiaoyan Marine Equipment Co. Ltd / Jiangyin Xinjiang F.R.P.Co.,Ltd.
- Jiangyinshi Beihai LSA Co.,Ltd.
- Sangsangin Industry Co. Ltd./ ex-Dongnam Marine Crane Co. Ltd.
- Oriental Precision & Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Hai Hong Boat Making Co. Ltd.
- HXN (ZhejiangHengxin Ship Equipment Co., Ltd).
- DSB Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Huahai Marine Equipment Factory.
- Wuxi Wenjiao G.F.R.P. Factory.
- Wuxi Dongwu.
- Wuxi Mingzi Machinery Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (Release gears –Hooks).
- Zhenjiang Marine Auxiliary,
- GEPA-Fiberglass Industry & Trade Co.Inc.
- Stoczna USTKA - Lifeboats & Launching Appliances,
- NOR-MAR FAR EAST Services,
- Jiangyin Neptune MarineAppliances Co. Ltd.
- Jiangyin Wolong FRP Boat Co. Ltd.
- Gurdesan Lifesaving systems.
- Jiangsu Huaiyin Marine Machinery (Lifeboats, Release Gear & Launching Appliances)
- Wuxi XingSheng (Release Mechanisms)
- Shin Myung Tech
- Lalizas (Release Mechanisms)
- Narwhal (Rescue Boats)
FLAG APPROVED FOR LIFEBOATS , LAUNCHING APPLIANCES AND RELEASE GEARS