Loose Gear Inspection
Loose gear (i.e. grabs, shackles, chain blocks) are the equipment used on vessels for the necessary lifting operations. The inspection of loose gear is required in order to ensure the safe operation of lifting weights and also upon charterers’ request. The inspection of loose gear items is performed by testing the ability of the lifting equipment to lift the safe working load (SWL) plus the required load as per ILO requirements, in order to ensure the gear’s strength capability and confirm that it remains safe for operation.
Navaltech’s team members have all the necessary experience, knowledge and qualifications in order to carry out Loose Gear inspections. All our service engineers have numerous years of experience in the field of Loose Gear inspections and they are continually trained. Moreover, our company has developed a training system in order to ensure our engineers are excellently trained, using the latest technology and equipment which is necessary to satisfy our customers, vetting inspectors and Classification Societies. Our training system requires that all our service engineers attend at least twice a year our internal training courses, that are both practical (on-board vessels) and theoretical (in the office).
Our team of highly trained and experienced service engineers is available 24/7 worldwide and can efficiently deliver the required service and ensure full satisfaction of our Clients and Classification Societies. Reliability is a key goal and value for our company, thus, we always make sure that there is constant availability of service engineers so as to undertake urgent requests at any time.
View our Certifications
- Lloyd’s Register (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- DNV (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- NKK (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- ABS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- BV (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- RINA (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- CCS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- RMRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- INSB (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- KRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM)
- IRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM)
MAKER APPROVED FOR LIFEBOATS , LAUNCHING APPLIANCES AND RELEASE GEARS
- Fassmer - Marland Ltd. / Hai Hong Boat Making Co Ltd.
- Qingdao Beihai HeavyShipbuilding Industry Co Ltd.
- Jiangsu Jiaoyan Marine Equipment Co. Ltd / Jiangyin Xinjiang F.R.P.Co.,Ltd.
- Jiangyinshi Beihai LSA Co.,Ltd.
- Sangsangin Industry Co. Ltd./ ex-Dongnam Marine Crane Co. Ltd.
- Oriental Precision & Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Hai Hong Boat Making Co. Ltd.
- HXN (ZhejiangHengxin Ship Equipment Co., Ltd).
- DSB Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Huahai Marine Equipment Factory.
- Wuxi Wenjiao G.F.R.P. Factory.
- Wuxi Dongwu.
- Wuxi Mingzi Machinery Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (Release gears –Hooks).
- Zhenjiang Marine Auxiliary,
- GEPA-Fiberglass Industry & Trade Co.Inc.
- Stoczna USTKA - Lifeboats & Launching Appliances,
- NOR-MAR FAR EAST Services,
- Jiangyin Neptune MarineAppliances Co. Ltd.
- Jiangyin Wolong FRP Boat Co. Ltd.
- Gurdesan Lifesaving systems.
- Jiangsu Huaiyin Marine Machinery (Lifeboats, Release Gear & Launching Appliances)
- Wuxi XingSheng (Release Mechanisms)
- Shin Myung Tech
- Lalizas (Release Mechanisms)
- Narwhal (Rescue Boats)
FLAG APPROVED FOR LIFEBOATS , LAUNCHING APPLIANCES AND RELEASE GEARS