PT – Non Destructive Testing (Dye Check)
Penetrant Testing (PT) is also known as Dye Penetration Inspection (DPI) or Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPI). It is a quick, low-cost and widely used non-destructive checking technique in the marine industry. It is in the main method to locate surface-breaking discontinuities and can be applied to non-porous materials such as metals, plastics, or ceramics.
Dye Penetration Inspection (DPI) is based on the penetrant fluid drawn into the surface-breaking crack by capillary action and excess surface penetrant is then removed; a dry powder is then applied to the surface, to draw out the penetrant in the crack and produce a surface indication. The indications produced are much broader than the actual flaw and are therefore more easily visible.
Navaltech’s standard procedures for Penetrant Testing (PT) are:
- Surface preparation
- Penetrant application
- Penetrant dwell
- Excess penetrant removal
- Developer application
- Indication developer
The advantages using Penetrant Testing (PT) compared to other NDT are:
- Sensitivity to small surface discontinuities.
- Visual, real-world results.
- Inspection materials are very portable.
Navaltech’s team members have all the necessary experience, knowledge and qualifications(certificates and education), in order to carry out NDT inspections. All our service engineers have numerous years of experience in the field of NDT inspections and they are continually trained.
Our team of highly trained and experienced service engineers is available 24/7 worldwide and can efficiently deliver the required services and ensure full satisfaction of our Clients and the Classification Societies. Reliability is a key goal and value for our company, thus, we always make sure that there is constant availability of service engineers so as to undertake urgent requests at any time.
View our Certifications
- Lloyd’s Register (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- DNV (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- NKK (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- ABS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- BV (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- RINA (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- CCS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- RMRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- INSB (LIFEBOATS / UTM / FFE / LSA)
- KRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM)
- IRS (LIFEBOATS / UTM)
MAKER APPROVED FOR LIFEBOATS , LAUNCHING APPLIANCES AND RELEASE GEARS
- Fassmer - Marland Ltd. / Hai Hong Boat Making Co Ltd.
- Qingdao Beihai HeavyShipbuilding Industry Co Ltd.
- Jiangsu Jiaoyan Marine Equipment Co. Ltd / Jiangyin Xinjiang F.R.P.Co.,Ltd.
- Jiangyinshi Beihai LSA Co.,Ltd.
- Sangsangin Industry Co. Ltd./ ex-Dongnam Marine Crane Co. Ltd.
- Oriental Precision & Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Hai Hong Boat Making Co. Ltd.
- HXN (ZhejiangHengxin Ship Equipment Co., Ltd).
- DSB Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Huahai Marine Equipment Factory.
- Wuxi Wenjiao G.F.R.P. Factory.
- Wuxi Dongwu.
- Wuxi Mingzi Machinery Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (Release gears –Hooks).
- Zhenjiang Marine Auxiliary,
- GEPA-Fiberglass Industry & Trade Co.Inc.
- Stoczna USTKA - Lifeboats & Launching Appliances,
- NOR-MAR FAR EAST Services,
- Jiangyin Neptune MarineAppliances Co. Ltd.
- Jiangyin Wolong FRP Boat Co. Ltd.
- Gurdesan Lifesaving systems.
- Jiangsu Huaiyin Marine Machinery (Lifeboats, Release Gear & Launching Appliances)
- Wuxi XingSheng (Release Mechanisms)
- Shin Myung Tech
- Lalizas (Release Mechanisms)
- Narwhal (Rescue Boats)
FLAG APPROVED FOR LIFEBOATS , LAUNCHING APPLIANCES AND RELEASE GEARS